Friday, April 9, 2010

The aftermath of my oral presentation

Generally I believed that the presentation went well. We had multiple rehearsals beforehand and these has helped me feel more confident in my presentation. I also went through the script for my speech many times which allowed me to present it more smoothly. Being very familiar with the contents I was able to prevent myself from looking at the screen or the projector slide excessively and allowed me to keep eye contact with the audience. I was able to click my slides through without checking if it is correct. About the slides, they were very simple and visually loaded. This I think helped in maintaining my audience's attention on me.

I felt that I was less fluent then during my various rehearsals. This could be attributed to me feeling nervous in front. I stuttered in some places of my speech, sometimes not getting the word which I want to say, throwing me off course. I did notice that I sometime tend to look upwards, above the heads of the audience. However, overall, I believe that I have done the best I could in the situation.

My group had done a tremendous job in coming up with ideas and preparing for the presentation and I really enjoyed working with them.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jonathan,

    I was in awe of your video. It is exactly the kind of video I have in mind when I think of scoring well with the audience. And you guys did it! Your technical skills are certainly commendable.

    However, I felt your videos overshadowed your presentation. Two videos within one person's segment of the presentation can be a bit much. I felt I saw more of the videos than I saw of you. Aesthetically the videos were fantastic but any presentation I believe has always got to do with the presenter!

    As for your delivery, you were good as always but I felt something amiss about it. You seemed rather uncomfortable yesterday and somewhat worried/distracted/nervous? in front of the crowd and I was trying to understand why since we are a crowd you are familiar with. This was noticed only because I have SEEN you present before but to a random stranger they would not be able to tell that you were uncomfortable I believe!

    You did have your great moments though and I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation on the whole. Good job guys and it was definitely a treat for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Jonathan!
    I like your group's presentation, especially your slides and videos! They are so professional and to the point! I am sure you have contributed a lot in the presentation!
    I agree with your reflection in the sense you did make a great effort and we can actually see your efforts as well.
    Yet, you were still a little nervous at the beginning I guess. But this is alright because the first one will always feel very nervous haha. Overall, I think you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u were really confidemt whe u spoke but u got to limit your movements whenever u present. Its cause u tend to move ack and forth and it can be distracting. it also shows that u are nervous when maybe u might not be! so keep an eye for that. U spoke very clearly and knew your stuff well. I thought u did a great opning for your group! u rock! =)

    ReplyDelete